This is my “now” page inspired by Derek Sievers. It answers “what I’m doing now?“. My life, projects and priorities. I post an update here every 1-3 months.
What’s up as of August 2022?
I am changing a lot in my life. The big changes ahead.
Changing job 🔥
It was the “dream came true” for me, working as a network engineer, when I discovered that Cisco was to buy ScanSafe.
It has been a tremendous opportunity and a fantastic journey over those 14 years.
- I met many talented and skilled people, and many became friends.
- I met fantastic mentors that challenged me and made me grow.
Thank you all for the opportunity to work, learn and have fun together!
With a bittersweet feeling I will be leaving Cisco and moving on my professional journey. I am shifting to Web3 technology, taking leadership position in a company utilizing cutting-edge technology in that sector. More info soon.
Enjoying family vacations ⛰️
Considering big changes in my professional life, we’ve decided to take longer time off. We are in Poland, enjoying weather, nature and meeting fascinating people. The goal for this trip was to be remote, get out of the comfort zone every day and decompress properly. In other words, rest properly. It’s been a bliss:
- I drove 4×4 on Polish remote mountain’s roads
- We’ve encountered the only poisonous snake in Poland (almost stepped into it, was saved by my 6yo daughter!)
- We’ve met fascinating people who also value remote places, nature and active vacations
- We’ve trekked almost 80km with 6yo and 9yo kids over the paths that are challenging even for adults
I am still in habit of journaling. It helps to keep memory of every day events. I try to follow more thoroughly the 5-minute journal method.
Every morning I answer the following questions:
- What I am grateful for?
- What would make today great?
- Daily affirmation. I am…
And every evening I follow up with:
- 3 Amazing things that happened today…
- How could I have made today even better?
I am also taking a lot of pictures to complement journaling.
Reading books 📚
I am reading “The Metaverse: And How it Will Revolutionize Everything” by Matthew Ball. This book was recommended to me as a good intro into my new job. It is a fantastic read for everyone interested in technology evolution.
Tim Sweeney (CEO of Fortnite-maker Epic Games): “Matthew Ball’s essays have defined, analysed, and inspired the Metaverse for years. His book is an approachable and essential guide to the strategic, technical, and philosophical foundations of this new medium.”
“This book feels like a rare achievement―a definitive statement about an emerging phenomenon that could shape the digital world, the global economy, and the very experience of human consciousness.” ―Derek Thompson, Atlantic staff writer and national best-selling author of Hit Makers
Working on this blog ✍️
I’ve changed the theme and some content. I hope the blog is easier to read and navigate through. What do you think?
- 🔥 I’ve added the ”Recommended Courses” page to share all my learning
- Take a look at the most popular blog posts
- Sign up for the Newsletter – let’s stay connected!
Updated: August 15th, 2022