I am an engineer
I like connecting things together, creating systems and making sure they all work well together.
I used to be a network engineer connecting computers and creating networks, including network of networks – The Internet.
Then, I found the power of human connections, and become fascinated by human psychology.
Currently, I consider myself a people engineer, helping people to connect, work and create awesome things together.
I help to transform talented individuals to become members of high performing teams, especially in remote environments. Opinions are my own. I share them via [PL 🇵🇱] “Tato na Wyspach” blog and podcast and [EN 🇬🇧] “The Elevators Show” podcast.
My name is Piotr Zagorowski, I am a husband and a happy Dad of two small troopers.
I travel a lot, every travel is a story, often shared over coffee, because:
Life needs to be like a good coffee;
Made with passion,
Rich of good taste,
And shared with someone who we love.
I belive in talents
I strongly believe we should play to our talents. This is why I am interested in Gallup Talent Assessment and their talent and strength definition:
A strength is the ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance in a specific activity.
Talents are naturally recurring patterns of thought, feeling, or behavior that can be productively applied.
Talents, knowledge, and skills — along with the time spent (i.e., investment) practicing, developing your skills, and building your knowledge base — combine to create your strengths.
My top 5 talents are:
- I enjoy close relationships with others. I find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
- I can organize, but I also have a flexibility that complements this ability. I like to determine how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
- I enjoy routine and structure. My world is best described by the order I create.
- I look for consensus. I don’t enjoy conflict; rather, I seek areas of agreement.
- I am intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. I have a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.
What is fascinating about it, is the ability to start seeing various talents in people and start helping them to navigate in a way that they can use them in a better way. Especially when we try to pair them in a way to complement and compensate their natural behaviours.
For instant: talent “analytical” can be seen as a pessimist – overthinking things, looking for a perfect solution.
Pairing with “arranger” – a person who like to do things and always finds a way of executing – may result in a very efficient combo – a healthy balance between planning / analysing and then executing right thing in a short time.
Email me: email@example.com or ping me:
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this article feel free to share on social media and spread some positivity.
Don’t miss the next post and consider subscribing to my newsletter!